Bunbury Mill is a beautifully restored water mill standing in two acres of wildlife rich countryside .
The current 3-storey building dates back to 1850, though there has been a mill on the site since 1089. The machinery is restored and in working order, milling fine whole grain flour.
A visit to the mill is a wonderful outing for all of the family with a hands-on guided tour.
The mill is nestled in a beautiful spot on the edge of Bunbury village.
The grounds include the historic mill, a visitors centre, car park, cafe, an idyllic picnic area, the mill pond and wildlife pond.
Whatever the weather there is plenty to do and see at the mill and local enthusiasts are on hand to paint an exciting picture of the mill’s history with demonstrations and hands-on opportunities.
- Tea Room offering light refreshments, teas, coffee and importantly scrumptious cakes!
- Toilet facilities (including disabled)
- Purchase flour ground in the mill
- Guided tour with an expert miller lasting approximately 45 minutes
- There is wheelchair access to the ground floor of the mill
Opening times are from Sunday 29th March, then every Sunday and Bank Holiday 1pm-5pm untill the end of October. http://www.bunburymill.com
Tour Prices (2019):
- Adults £4.00
- Children 11-16 £2
- Children under 11 Free
Group visits at other times by arrangement.
The Visitor Centre can be hired for private and group events.