This page shows information on local policing matters. Our police are part of the Cheshire Constabulary, visit their website.
Public encouraged to be vigilant as thieves target shoppers – June 2019
Police are encouraging the public to be extra vigilant as thieves target shoppers across the county.
Offenders are known to visit cafes and supermarkets to target women on their own – believed to be aged 60 and above – to steal their items and money. Read more…
Police Call For Vigilance Following Spate Of Burglary Incidents Involving Outbuildings – March 2019
Cheshire Constabulary is advising residents across the county to be vigilant following a spate of burglary incidents involving outbuildings, including sheds and garages.
Such incidents occurred in Winsford, Northwich, Macclesfield, Wildboarclough, Alsager, Little Neston, Frodsham and Warrington.
Superintendent Laura Marler said: “The public can aid our fight against such crimes by contacting us if they see such burglaries being carried out or anyone acting suspiciously in their area. Information in relation to anyone carrying out, or suspected to be carrying out, such burglaries will also be gratefully received. Cheshire residents can also help us and themselves by making it as difficult as possible for criminals to break into their sheds, garages and other outbuildings. They can do this by following our anti-burglary advice.”
The force’s tips for deterring would-be burglars and protecting your outbuildings are:
• Never leave a garage, shed or other outbuilding unlocked and easy prey for opportunist thieves
• Fit strong padlocks to outbuilding doors and make sure that the doors are solid enough not to be kicked in
• Good external security lighting can put off or draw attention to a thief – the most appropriate form is high efficiency low energy lighting controlled by a dusk-to-dawn switch so that it only comes on when it is dark
• If you have external security lighting that comes on when sensing movement make sure that the lights are directed downwards to prevent them from being annoying to neighbours and dangerous to passing traffic
• Strong fencing or gates will make it difficult for intruders to get onto your land
• Solid fences or walls, particularly those with a flat or rounded top, are relatively easy for a burglar to climb over – fixing trellising to the top can make it more difficult
• Check for weak spots where a thief could get onto your land, such as a low or sagging fence or a back gate with a weak lock
• A thorny hedge along the boundary of your property can put thieves off, as can gravel areas due to the noise of walking on them
Local Police Surgeries
Your local Officers will be holding surgeries on the below dates and locations
30/10/2019 –Goodwill Hall Faddiley 17:00-18:00
4/11/2019 –St Marys Church Acton 9:30-10:30
9/11/2019 –Calveley Mill Shop 14:00-15:00
13/11/2019 –Wrenbury bowling club 9:00-10:00
18/11/2019- Goodwill Hall Faddiley 17:30-18:30
23/11/2019 –Calveley Mill Shop 11:30-12:30
29/11/2019 – Goodwill Hall Faddiley 17:30-18:30
Please come and see us if you have anything you want to discuss, or even just to say Hello.
Our Police Community Support Officer is:
- 7149 Sharon Jones
Phone 101 and ask the call taker to pass a message on to them.
The Cheshire Constabulary website has a lot of useful information for example it explains how to handle potential scams from callers to the door, phone calls, Emails, social media and phone texts. Check out more here…
Why not sign up for Cheshire Police Alert?
Cheshire Police Alert is the community messaging system brought to you by Cheshire Constabulary and servicing the whole of Cheshire. By registering with Cheshire Police Alert, you receive news and appeals, local crime information and crime prevention advice – direct to you as an e-mail, mobile text or voice message.
Registering with this site is completely free, and not only allows you to receive messages about your local area, but also allows you to feed back information to your local policing teams to help them better police your neighbourhood.
When you are registered with Cheshire Police Alert, not only are you linked in to the most powerful local messaging service in the Cheshire Constabulary area, but you also have full access to log in to this website and access your account settings. Logging in allows you to control all of your personal details and adjust the types of messages you want to receive, where you want to receive them and when you would like to get them. All of this is done through our secure servers.
Police Cluster Meetings
Regular meetings are held with the local Police, and they are reported in the Minutes of the Parish Council meetings.
Try and make it harder for thieves to commit enter your home or your neighbour’s home.
Make sure all your doors and windows are locked, even when you are at home.
If you have a gate on your driveway, keep it closed as much as you can to prevent easy access for people.
Consider investing in CCTV.
Look out for your neighbours and their properties and report anything suspicious on 101.