The Garden Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month except November, the 2018 calender is below.
The discussion will be followed by our usual Cheese & Wine for which there will be no charge, but bring your own Wine (or whatever you prefer).
Details for visit to Foxdale on 19 June
Our June garden visit is to Foxdale at Bunbury. Please meet promptly at the garden at 6.30pm.
Address: Foxdale, Vicarage Lane, Bunbury
Directions: Foxdale is on Vicarage Lane in Bunbury, opposite the Medical Practice.
Garden Charge: Donation to Tarporley Hospital
About the garden: Foxdale is the home of Mrs Leila Potter. The garden was designed by Edward Kemp, a renowned landscaped gardener who also designed Grosvenor Park at Chester. For symmetry he created a double entrance. He separated the kitchen gardens from the flower gardens, surrounding trees and shrubbery and sunk the flower garden nearest to the house to give the house a sense of elevation. The grass banks of the sunken garden still remain although much of the original planting and beds have gone.
Supper: For those wanting supper after the visit, this has been arranged at The Dysart Arms in Bunbury. Please let me have your choice of both mains and pudding by 12th June. See attached menu.
Either email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring me on 01829 260866.
Guests and new members are always welcome. If you’re bringing a non member along please introduce them to a member of the committee when you arrive at the garden.
The Garden Club welcomes new members; please contact Margaret Bourne on email@example.com or come along to one of our meetings. The annual membership fee is £5-00 and there is a £1-00 admission charge for each meeting attended. Membership at present (January 2018) includes 10% discount at Okells Garden Centre on production of a current membership card.
Indoor meetings 8.00 pm Bunbury Village Hall, CW6 9PB
Outside visits usually 6.30 pm at the property
BYOW Please bring your own wine!
- Feb 20 “Gardening through the seasons” David Race
- Mar 20 The Show – a Question & Answer with Barry Smith followed by cheese and wine BYOW
- Apr 17 “Herbs for Health & Wellbeing” Barbara Wilkinson
- May 15 Visit to Bolesworth Castle, Tattenhall, CH3 9HQ
- June 19 Visit to Foxdale, Bunbury
- July 17 Visit to 5 Hobbs Lane, Hough
- Aug 21 Visit to Highways, 14 Whitegate Road, Winsford
- Sep 8 Annual Show at The Village Hall
- Oct 16 “The Flower Arranger’s Garden” – A Talk & Demonstration by Margaret Bourne
- Nov 20 AGM and Hot Pot Supper BYOW