The Garden Club meets on the 3rd Tuesday of the month except November, the 2017 calender is below.
Revised details of the Garden Trail on Tuesday 15th August 2017 :
Meet at 7.00pm rather than 6.30.
The gardens open to visit now are:
Here at Long Acre, Wyche Lane CW6 9PS. We will put up a yellow NGS sign at the bottom of our drive for those not sure where we are.
Ronshea, No 1 Council houses, a little further up Wyche Lane which has a lovely display of dahlias as well as other herbaceous plants.
29 Darkie Meadow Our charman’s “secret” garden!
Next door to Keith, a keen gardener who has offered not only his garden but will also do a cheese & wine at a cost of £5-00 a head, with the surplus to go to club funds.
The Annual Garden Show 9 September, 2.30pm
Please download the show schedule to view details on how to enter or if you are just visiting then what you can expect to see.
Adults 50p, children under 12 free.
The Garden Club welcomes new members; please contact Margaret Bourne on firstname.lastname@example.org or come along to one of our meetings. The annual membership fee is £5-00 and there is a £1-00 admission charge for each meeting attended. Membership at present (January 2017) includes 10% discount at Okells Garden Centre on production of a current membership card.
Indoor meetings 8.00 pm Bunbury Village Hall.
Outside visits usually 6.30 pm at the property.
- Jan 17 Quiz with mulled wine and mince pies
- Feb 21 “Bulbs” Mike Cook
- Mar 21 “Your garden in Spring” Richard Lewis followed by cheese and wine BYOW
- Apr 18 “Butterflies” Mr B. Cornelius
- May 16 Visit to Manley Knoll
- June 20 Visit to Stoneyford Cottage
- July 18 Visit to Rowley House Garden
- Aug 15 Garden Trail
- Sep 9 Annual Show at The Village Hall, Saturday 2.30pm
- Oct 17 “Edible & Poisonous Fungi of the NW” David Winnard
- Nov 14 AGM and Hot Pot Supper BYOW