Page last updated: 10 May, 2021
Welcome to Bunbury Community – Support during the Covid-19 epidemic
Be a good neighbour
We are continuing to support anybody that needs help during lockdown, we will review the scheme after 21 June, and will decide what to do after the Government announces its plans.
This group has been established by Bunbury Parish Council and St Boniface Church and is supported by other residents and groups. You are welcome to speak to the Reverend Tim Hayward or Mark Ireland-Jones, Chair of Bunbury Parish Council at any time.
Now that the vaccination programme has started please follow the information from the NHS and wait until you are contacted.
- To support anyone temporarily locked down after being contacted by Track and Trace
- To support Bunbury residents during the Covid-19 epidemic where individuals or families are self-isolated and need help with deliveries of food, goods and medications.
- To support people who, through self-isolation, are alone and out of contact with family and friends.
- To help local businesses support their customers and secure their long term future within our community.
- If travel is restricted then we want distant friends and relatives to know that their loved ones are being supported and they don’t need to worry about not being able to see them.
During this period we will follow UK Government advice and operate under the guidance they give us. This may affect our services and the contact we can have with people, we can’t predict the future so please bear with us as circumstances change.
We won’t repeat their advice, particularly on health, but you can check the latest news here.
Bunbury Community offer a regular service delivering food and household goods and checking up on residents on a regular basis. Please note we cannot offer advice on health or what medications you should be taking.
- For those with internet access they can
- Use the form below.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org please include a phone number in case we have any queries.
These services will be manned by a roster of volunteers, anyone wishing to volunteer please
- Use the form below
- Email email@example.com
- Please contact us by Email
- Make your request such as
- Give us your shopping list
- Post a letter
- Pick up your pension or pay a bill at the Post Office Counter
- We will only be using:
- Bunbury Co-Op
- The Post Office within the Co-Op
- Ocean Wave Fish Van comes every Monday 1.15 to 2.15, outside the Nags Head.
- You can pre-order, find out more on their website.
- RF Burrows Butchers.
- Burrows will take phone orders so you can call them directly and we can pick up for you. Call Burrows on 01829 260342.
- Please tell us how you want to pay (see below).
The newspaper team has now finished the service which ran for 114 days and delivered 3163 newspapers during this time with 6.30am early starts! Fiona Parker and her team really deserve a special mention for this sterling effort.
We can run a limited delivery service, please contact us for more information.
We offer the following payment options, everything we buy will be receipted. We cannot offer credit so everything needs to be paid for as it is delivered.
- Cash. We will collect the cash when we drop off your goods or prescriptions.
- Contactless card. Please speak to the volunteer if you do not have enough cash
- Cheque. The Co-op do not take cheques but Burrows do, we can collect this when we drop off the goods.
- If you cannot use any of these methods please speak to us.
To avoid embarrassment please do not offer tips or gifts to the volunteers, if you wish to recognise the volunteers then please make a donation to the Church or other local charity.
We will follow the latest Government guidelines, currently we believe that we can ring the bell and hand over your shopping on the doorstep. We can hold a brief conversation on the doorstep but keep a minimum of 2m ( 6ft) away (known as social distancing).
We cannot allow our volunteers in to your house so you will need to move the shopping inside. If you need support inside your home please contact us.
If you prefer us to ring the bell and leave the shopping on the doorstep then let us know when you order. You’ll need to leave payment in an envelope.
Letter from the Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire
I was very pleased to receive the letter below from the Lord Lieutenant of Cheshire, this is not just for me but for everyone that has contributed to the Community Scheme.
A useful poster for your door!
Please download the poster and print it out on A4 paper. If you don’t have access to a printer please contact us for a copy.
Safety and conduct
This is a voluntary service, we will do our best to meet your requests but if we can’t deliver exactly what you need please be patient.
We are sure we don’t have to remind people that we cannot tolerate any verbal abuse and we will refuse repeat deliveries to anyone who is verbally or physically abusive.
In the event that you need to make a complaint then please use the contact details above or speak to Tim Hayward or Mark Ireland-Jones.
Register to volunteer or for support, even if you don’t need it now
Shopping request form
Please complete the form below to request shopping or to pick up a prescription.