This years village Day was on Saturday 23rd. The Theme was Super Heroes
We hope you all had a fantastic day.
Who’s your all-time favourite Superhero? Superman, Batman, Spider-Man, Thor, Wonder Women, Captain America? Whoever it is, we hope to see you there all dressed up (or incognito!) and ready for a wonderful day. We’re expecting all sorts of heroes to be in attendance, new and old!
No Bunbury Village Day would be complete without all the traditional attractions of this great summer event including a well-stocked bar and BBQ, funfair, parade, stalls, arena activities, WI café, puppet show, vehicle display, the list goes on!
We had a very special guest – Spiderman
The parade started at 12.30pm from St Boniface Church. Gates open at 1pm at the Jubilee Playing Fields.
What are the Timings?
- 12.30 Parade Sets off from the Church
- 13.00 Opening Ceremony
- Rose Queen Parade – in the Arena
- Parade Judging
- Event times (times will vary)
- 1.30 – Scottish Dancing
- 1.45 – Special Guest Arrives
- 1.55 – Bike Stunt Show
- 2.20 – Ju-Jitsu Display
- 2.20 – Punch and Judy Performance
- 2.45 – Fun Relay Racing
- 3.05 – Bike Stunt Show
- 3.25 – Superhero Tug of War
- 3.25 – Punch and Judy Performance
- 3.45 – Hanlon School of Dance
- 4.05 – Fun Relay Racing
- 4.30 – British Legion Bikers
- 4.40 – Raffle Prize Draw
What are the Other Attractions?
- Chainsaw Wood Carving
- Fairground – vintage rides, candy floss and bouncy castle
- Seaside Donkey Rides
- Giant Games
- Army Jeeps
- Helicopter (Static)
- Short tennis coaching sessions – at the tennis club
- Grand Inflatable Bungee Run
- Test your superhero strength
What refreshments will be available?
- BBQ – with Veggie option
- Ice Creams
- WI teas and Cakes
- Coffee Van
What stalls will be there?
- Bunbury School, Fund raising
- Anne King, Jewellery
- Mezze Company, Eastern Mediterranean food
- Bunbury Co-op, Display of charity work in the village
- Bunbury Mills, Work of the charity maintaining the local water mill
- Guides and Brownies, Tombola and Hook-a-duck
- Early Birds Pre-school, Activities for toddlers and balloons
- Elves in the wood, Home and giftware
- Forever Living Products & Hanz Painted, Health and wellbeing products plus hand painted glassware
- Aura/Lizella, Womens fashion items & clothes
- Sadlers Wells Community Woodland, Display of the work of the charity and fund raising
- Bunbury Gardening Club, Display of plants for sale
- Mid Cheshire Sunday League, Fund raising charity -home and gifts
- Oscar Pet Foods, Pet food etc.
- Instinct Wellness, Personal training
- Cheshire Police museum, A look at the work of the police in Cheshire through history
- Cheshire Wildlife Trust, The work of this wildlife conservation charity
- Small Talk Toys, Refurbished soft toys for sale
- Sophie Parr, Local artist works for sale
- Tarporley School Trip Fundraising, Boutique selling cloths and accessories
How much does it cost to get in?
- £2.50 Adults
- Under 16s Free
How do I get there?
Village Day is held on the Jubilee playing field. See map above for directions and the parade route.
What time does it start?
The Parade starts at 12.30 and the opening ceremony starts soon after 13.00.
Where does the procession go?
The Procession starts at ST. Boniface Church at 12.30 and passes through the Village. The judges will sit outside the Nags Head pub to observe the procession.
The road will be temporarily blocked while the procession is in progress. Cheshire Police will be leading the procession.
Please see the map.
As always, parents and carers are responsible for their children at all times.
There will be first aid onsite.
Unfortunately no dogs are allowed on the playing field.
Yes – you can contact email@example.com and your help will be warmly received.
You can help as much or as little as you wish – either organising or on the day.
We are always looking for arena events, ideas and stalls – so if you are a group or society and want an opportunity to display, then please let us know: