Neighbourhood Plan Review Group: Agendas & Minutes

Agendas and Minutes are grouped together – agendas first. They are arranges in reverse order so the latest meeting and record is found at the top of the page. Scroll down to find earlier meetings of the Steering Group

March 22nd meeting:

Bunbury Neighbourhood Plan Meeting

The Church

7 pm Tuesday 22nd March 2022

Agenda

  1. Apologies
  1. Updates
  • IT
  • Publicity/Consultation
  • Printing/Design/Plans/Photos
  • Evidence Base
  1. Questionnaire Paper
  1. Timeline
  1. Cheshire Wildlife Trust – Ponds
  1. AECOM – design guide
  1. AOB
  1. Date of next Meeting

Minutes

Apologies – Bob, Mike, Miranda and Jane.

Updates

  • If you have any photos of the village please forward them to Peter who will upload them on the NP Web Site where we will be able to select any new images to go into the modified plan.
  • Publicity/Consultation – an article is due to appear in the April edition of the Link and the consultation is likely to take place after Easter and will run for 3 weeks.
  • Printing/Design – we have finalised the consultation form and AT is to forward this to Tony Greco as agreed. Once Tony has set it up he will then forward the document to Johnsons of Nantwich who have been contacted by Lucy regarding printing. The aim is to have the document ready for printing by the 8th April. Peter is to forward the web site address for inclusion and it was agreed that the return date will be 10Th May 2022.
  • Evidence Base – it was agreed that AT would contact CWT about the state of the ponds referred to in the NWW Treatment Works application to ask for CWT to review these ponds and agree an ‘action plan’.

Consultation Paper – see above. It was also agreed to ask Bob to prepare a distribution plan for the consultation allocating areas to each member of the Steering Group.BH to action

Timeline – no changes at this time but we may need to review this as the plan progresses.

CWT – see comments above regarding the Evidence Base. AT to action.

AECOM – Andrew outlined the potential role of AECOM to prepare a design guide for the village. This advice is free and he will contact Locality to find out more information. AT to action

AOB- all covered by the Agenda items above

Date of next meeting – Tuesday 19th or Tuesday 26th April at the Pavilion. Please could you indicate your preference?

Feb 22nd Meeting:

Agenda

Bunbury Neighbourhood Plan review Meeting

The Church

7 pm Tuesday 22nd February 2022

  1. Apologies
  1. Updates
  • IT
  • Publicity/Consultation
  • Printing/Design/Plans/Photos
  • Evidence Base
  1. Modifications Paper
  1. Questionnaire Paper
  1. Timeline
  1. Cheshire East Neighbourhood Plans Forum
  1. AOB
  1. Meeting Dates

Minutes

Apologies -Miranda and Mike sent their apologies

Updates

Peter informed the meeting that we are now included on the Bunbury Village Web Site. The survey software that was circulated also works and can be used for the forthcoming questionnaire.

Publicity is on-going and Isabel outlined various deadlines for the submission of any articles to the link. We also need to be aware of any deadlines for articles for The Paper.

Printing/design/Plans/Photos. Andrew updated the meeting on his conversation with Tony Greco and Tony’s offer to do the art work. We need to look at what may be the most cost effective printing options and Andrew is to contact the Parish Clerk.

Following the return of the questionnaires we will look at the existing evidence base and commission further work should that be required.

Modifications Paper

At this stage it was agreed that priority should be given to deferred and we should focus on the Questionnaire.

Questionnaire

After some discussion it was agreed that the draft questionnaire should be amended and recirculated for members approval.

Timeline

It was agreed to revise the timeline once the questionnaire had been agreed and a date set for distribution.

Cheshire East Neighbourhood Plan Forum

Members of the group were reminded that there is an invitation for any one involved in neighbourhood planning to attend this virtual forum.

AOB

Andrew drew the group’s attention to policies PG8 (development at local service centres) and PG9 (settlement boundaries) in the SADPD.

Date of next meeting

7.00pm Tuesday 22nd March in the Church.

Jan 20th Meeting:

Agenda for 20th Jan

  1. Apologies
  1. Roles and responsibilities
  • IT
  • Minutes
  • Publicity/Consultation
  • Printing/Design/Plans/Photos
  • Evidence Base
  1. Modifications Paper
  1. Questionnaire Paper
  1. Outcomes – Modified Plan; Consultation Statement; Statement of Basic Conditions.
  1. Cheshire East Neighbourhood Plans Forum
  1. AOB
  1. Meeting Dates

Minutes for 20th Jan meeting in Pavilion

  1. Apologies – Michael Bourne
  2. Roles and responsibilities – Peter is going to look into the IT; we need to employ a clerk, AT to speak to Marilyn; Publicity/Consultation – Isabel volunteered to ‘head up’ this with support from the Steering Group; Printing – AT to contact Tony Greco and Peter to supply a contact of the firm used by Village Day; Evidence Base to be kept under review. AT to circulate examples of design projects undertaken by AECOM.
  3. The Group discussed both the Questionnaire and Modifications Papers and Lucy volunteered to revise and amend the wording
  4. See above
  5. AT explained the outcomes required by the process and is to draft a timeline for circulation and discussion.
  6. AT informed the Group about the CE Neighbourhood Plans Forum
  7. There was no AOB
  8. Tuesday 15th Feb – possibly the Church as the Pavilion was freezing!

Agenda for Nov 4th 2021 meeting:

Introductions

Recent Legislation

  • NPPF 2019
  • National Design Guidance
  • Use Classes Order
  • Permitted Development Order
  • SADPD
  • Cheshire East SPDs – Housing; SuDS; Biodiversity; Environmental Protection and Recovery of Forward Funded Infrastructure Costs

Timeline – see separate note

Actions

  • Questionnaire
  • Housing Needs Survey
  • Plans
  • Evidence – commission further work/updates
  • Locality Funding

Outputs

  • Consultation Statement
  • Modified Plan
  • Statement of Basic Conditions

Minutes for 4th Nov 2021

meeting in the Pavilion:

Those present; Bob Harris, Isobel Noonan, Lucy Munroe, Keith Blackwood, Richard Slater, Michael Bourne, Jane Coates, Jane Radbourne, Miranda Hewish, Laura Gregory and Andrew Thomson.

AT had circulated prior to the meeting an agenda and timeline for discussion and he explained why he felt that we, as a village, should re-look at the Neighbourhood Plan because of changes at both national and local level to planning policy and, the Governments’ ambition to build 300,000 new homes each year.

It was felt that the community may not fully understand why we now needed to ‘review’ the plan after only 4 years when we had already had our ‘quota’ of development and in fact had exceeded the target of 80 new homes in the Local Plan by an additional 28 dwellings. It was concluded that in order to generate some interest and support for a plan review we will need to clearly set out our reasons for any such review including perhaps a plan to illustrate where new housing has taken place in the village since 2017 as well as where planning has been granted for new housing but has yet to be built. AT pointed out that a plan which stated that we would not accept any additional new housing would not be accepted.

The meeting also agreed that Policy H2 – Scale of Housing Development (set out below) should be retained and strengthened, particularly the wording relating to co-location.

H2 New development will be supported in principle provided that it is small scale, and in character with the settlement phased over the period of the Plan and falling within the following categories:

a. GreenfieldDevelopment

A maximum of 15 new houses on any one available and deliverable greenfield site immediately adjacent to the village. Such developments should not be co-located with other new housing developments unless there are demonstrable sustainable benefits from doing so. ‘

It was suggested that we should set out the case for a plan review in both the local newspaper and the Link followed by a questionnaire and, a housing needs assessment. AT pointed out that if we are to justify any housing policies that seek to require the delivery of affordable and/or smaller house types then we will need some up to date evidence.

It was agreed that any plan should be ‘design led’ to meet the Governments agenda of ‘Building Better Beautiful’ and we are fortunate to have the existing Bunbury design Guide and the more recent Cheshire East Design Guide. It was felt that the design and materials used in much of the new housing in the village was generally quite sympathetic and that any revision to the plan should reference this.

There was some discussion about the’ benefits’ that any new developments may bring to the village and, together with the Parish Council, the community need to consider what these may be, for example a new pavilion.

It was agreed that the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group (NPSG) should appoint a paid ‘clerk’ to take minutes and generally sort out the admin associated with the work on modifying the existing plan. Any such payment will need to be agreed with and authorised by the Parish Council. It would also be useful for the NPSG to have access to the Parish Council notice board to display minutes of meetings, publicise consultation events etc

AT is to report to the meeting of the Parish Council on the 10th November and after that date a date will be set for the next meeting of the NPSG.

Andrew Thomson

7.11.21

Andrew Thomson

7.11.21