Village Day 2019 – Celebrating 50 years of Village Day which was resurrected in 1969.
In 1969 the ancient custom of “The Wakes” was reborn as Village Day. Next year will be a special day as it is celebrating 50 years – a time when the village can come together and enjoy the simple pleasures of a village community.
As always we are looking for volunteers and ideas:
- Would you like to help out – organising the festivities or on the day?
- Do you have any ideas of how we can make village day 2019 a very special celebration?
If so please contact us at: email@example.com
How are the proceeds from Village Day Spent?
Although the main focus of Village Day is to provide a great day for everyone, sometimes there is a small profit which is spent on good causes in the Village. Below are a few examples of how the proceeds have been spent
- Maintaining the Village website
- Procuring a new bench for the triangle in front of the co-op
- Helping to fund the public access defibrillator in the Nags Head and funding replacement pads and batteries
- Paying for a coach trip for the Friday at Tillys club
Get Involved with Village Day?
Do you want to help out with Village Day – Perhaps join the team or contribute on the day – you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org and your help will be warmly received.
You can help as much or as little as you wish – either organising or on the day.
We are always looking for arena events, ideas and stalls – so if you are a group or society and want an opportunity to display, then please let us know:
In the meantime you can view some of our previous villages days below: